Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Is there a best type of valve for hard water?

On Jun 17, 6:08 pm, "
wrote:
I just got finished replacing all my toilet and faucet valves with 1/4
turn ball valves. Several of the gate valves had failed. A few were
leaking, and one would not even turn anymore. They did not look
"ancient". I have extremely hard water where I live. Is there a type
of valve that will resist hard water damage more than others? Or is
replacing valves simply an unavoidable ritual to be performed each
decade?

**** dude get a water softener already. Available at your local big
box, I have installed two with no prob. If you can replace your
toilet and faucet valves then a water softener is within your
abilities.