Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
John Phillips John Phillips is offline

Default Zanussi Washer Dryer not drying

On 2007-06-17, Steve Roberts wrote:
Model no ZWD1470W. Dryer not working properly - although the air appears to
be heating slightly, it's nothing like as hot as it should be to dry the
clothes.

Any clues where to start looking great appreciated. I'm a competent BBC
engineer, but don't know anything about the insides of washing machines. I
guess there's likely to be a problem with either an o/c element or a
thermostat?

A fault I have seen on two washer-dryers (not your model, though) is in
the condenser/filter box (not sure what it is really called) on the
outlet as the outlet hose exits the case.

This box fills with lint, scale and other resudues over time. The air
and water flow during drying gradually reduces. Eventually the overheat
thermostat on the heater/blower operates and drying fails. If the
overheat themostat is self-resetting, drying failure is intermittent.

I have had success with just cleaning the rubbish out of this box.

You might want to check this. Also maybe check if the overheat thermostat
needs re-setting (or replacing); or check if the dryer heater element
has gone.

--
John Phillips