Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Davy Davy is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton 3.5hp Engine Will Not Start with Air Filter Bolt Installed

Phil,

I will try to start it with the filter and bolt in place and not full choke.
thanks for the ideas.
Davy

"Phil B" wrote in message

"Davy" wrote in message
My 1968 B&S 3.5 HP lawnmower engine (92902, pulsajet carb with two fuel
pickup tubes) will not start unless I remove the air filter; nor will it
start with just the air cleaner bolt installed without the air filter.
I have serviced the carb and replaced the gasket. I have checked and am
certain that the bolt is not interfering with the movement of the manual
choke.

Anyone experienced this problem?

Davy

Pure guesswork here. A very rich mixture needing lots of air to start.
Removal of filter allows more air. Does the bolt also allow even more air
when removed?
Presumably when you can start it it subsequently stalls when it gets hot?
Phil