Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nick@albion-manufacturing.com is offline

Default Fridge freezer door seal repair advice please

Dear All,

Does anyone know what refrigerator door seals might be made of?

I know they have a magnetic insert. Is the actual seal PVC perhaps?

I have read you can extend their life by smearing with vaseline

I am trying to extend the life of our dated (possibly 1980s, it has
chrome trimmed, brown inner circular recessed door handles) Hotpoint
Iced Diamond fridge freezer.

The seals are damaged so I was going to fit some more modern ones I
acquired at our local tip however they are a different size so will
need cutting down and gluing.

Otherwise does anyone know of a source for such items. I cannot find
the model number on the unit itself.

The case is 20.75" wide by 55.5" tall by 20" deep if that helps with
model identification.

Many thanks,

Nick