Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default slow draining shower

"alath" wrote in message
oups.com...
Moved in to new house. The shower drains very slowly. This is a tiled
shower stall, not a tub.
I tried using liquid plumber; no luck.
I can do a fair number of home repair projects, but have done very
little with plumbing and drains. Do I want to try to rent a snake and
mess with this myself? Or just call a plumber?
If I do it myself, tips hints and instructions would be appreciated.

Most likely hair build up in drain. Before you tackle it make sure that
caustic drain cleaner you used is well rinsed out! If it is hair it is
probably in the first elbow or trap.

If not a clog in the drain then you might be looking at a poor vent or
blocked vent.