Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas grill on wood deck, house on fire.

"mm" wrote in message
It's probably a fine thing, if I had my grill over wood, but this part
bothers me.

"Is The "Original" Grill Pad fireproof?
Nothing is fireproof, and The "Original" Grill Pad is no exception.
The "Original" Grill Pad is recommended for outdoor use only and is
naturally heat and weather resistant. You should allow a reasonable
clearance between the heating appliance and the Grill Pad on your deck
or patio surface."

Most rocks are fireproof, short of throwing them in a volcano. Even
then they only melt. They don't catch on fire.

Jeff

Sounds like lawyer talk. They say it is spark resistant. I imagine if you
dump 3 gallons of oil from the turnkey fryer, you will still have a fire.
They tout it as a way to prevent damage to the deck, not as a fire resistant
fool proof item so you can't sue them so easily when the house burns down
from the four spare propane tanks exploding.