Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hsiacc@nospmmail.com is offline

Default dehumidifier broken?

I need to know if my dehumidifier is working properly or not. The
output seems to be very low for how long it runs, just a cup or so
after 1 day. I've had it hooked up to a hose into my sump well for 2
years so I don't know how much is normal, but I seem to remember it
filled up the reservoir overnight when I first got it 2 years ago.

I removed the front panel and saw that the top coil is freezing up
while 4 coils down it remains at room temp, more or less. I've seen
condensation on the outside top of the unit past several days. The
frost is on the coil from the top coil back to a small black plastic
part. With the panel off, it ran for several minutes and I did not see
any condensate driping down except for a few drops in between the
fins.

I don't know the temp in the basement, but I'd have to say it's over
65F since it's about 75 outside. Anyone with any insight is
appreciated.