Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Washing machine out of balance

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007 18:30:11 -0700, Fred wrote:

On May 22, 7:36 pm, Grandpa wrote:
Fred wrote:
Wife washed a large comforter in the washing machine.
Now every load is out of balance during the spin cycle.
I looked under it and I don't see the old concrete block that I use
see on older washing machines. I was thinking that it broke loose. I
do see springs holding the tube going it different directions but I
don't see any that are broken.
What could it be?
Any one of a dozen or more things. The transistors are burned out on
my crystal ball and I'm too lazy to replace them. You know you can
keep asking this question and get very little response; or you could
at least tell us what make and model of washer it is so that someone
at least has a starting place for advice.

--
Grandpa

kenmore - top loading
not sure of the model number
took one glance could not find it
will look again

Pop the top and see what's loose.

Yep, if you're sure its level and still out of balance, then you'll
have to open it up. Could be a suspension spring is slipped out of
place or one of the balance pads has shifted or come out. Parts and
diagrams can be found he
http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp
They will even help you find the model number. ;-)
--
Grandpa