Posted to alt.home.repair

Default vinyl siding/shutters

"Mark Corbelli" wrote in message
news:sMf4i.6467$xV.4198@trnddc05...
I have a job re-attaching three of my sister-in-law's vinyl shutters on her
vinyl sided house. My house is sided with hardboard so I just nail mine on.
But I'm guessing there is only Celotex or some other lightweight sheething
underneath her vinyl that probably won't take a nail or screw. Can someone
tell me what I should do or point me in the right direction?

What have you tried?

Mine are held up with long screws I replaced the old screws with SS screws
the last time I took them down for painting. Rather than make assumptions
and more work, try a long screw and see if it bites. Been OK for 30 years
so far.