Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rookie_Remodeler Rookie_Remodeler is offline

Default How long does it take for Grout to dry?

On 17 May, 06:26, Shay wrote:
Hi all,

Recently (yesterday) I've had my Bathroom Tilled.

When would it be safe for me to install my Electric Shower and Shower
Screen?

This also applies to my Kitchen.... when can I install the sockets
etc?

Shay

PS: Is it just me or it Google groups really slow today?

The thinset (used to glue the tiles to the cement board) usually are
OK in a couple days.

The grout (fills the gaps between the tiles) are OK after 3 days or
so. During this time it it recommended that you spray the grout with
a water mist just to keep it damp and retard the cure. Literature
recommends it for better end results.

Also, after the three days it is recommended that you apply a grout
sealer so that it stays clean and lasts longer. If your tiles are
stone seal them as well before installing anything else. That is one
extra day.

I followed the practice, just in case. ;-)