Posted to uk.d-i-y
Duke Duke is offline

Default Planning permission to have second gas+electric mains installed?

On Tue, 15 May 2007 20:04:42 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Thanks, Owain. Why do you recommend I don't divilge that it's a
separate dwelling?

Because then they'll expect a separate postal address for the separate
premises, which the council would have given you when you got the
planning permission, which you didn't get :-)

The Council Tax Dept *did* though! (Back in 1993 when they first
assessed the place as two flats.)

Also if it's only for separately metering a granny annex they might just
split the existing supply, but if it's for a separate dwelling they
might insist on a new supply from the street mains - ££££s.

I guess they will send someone around who will need to look over the
premises before they decide what can/should be done regards the new
mains supplies. It's only two one-bed flats (no bigger than the
original house, so hopefully they can split the existing mains input,
like you said.

Regards,

Duke