Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Planning permission to have second gas+electric mains installed?

On Tue, 15 May 2007 08:27:34 +0100 Duke wrote :
Can anyone advise if I need planning permission to have the gas &
electric supply companies install a second gas main and a second
electric main to the building where I live?

The house was split into two flats 15 years ago, without planning
permission. Ever since then, I have lived in one flat and got the
tenant in the other flat to pay for his/her power via coin meters.

Now, I want to get extra mains supplies (gas & electricity) for the
flat that currently has the coin meters. Do I have to apply for
planning prmission to do this?

Nothing to do with the planners. But assuming you have proof of the
conversion (separate Council Tax bills etc) it might be worth regularising
the planning situation ... unless one day you might want to do a reverse
conversion, not allowed by some planning departments like ours.