Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceiling holes for recessed lighting cut too big!

On 12 May, 08:59, wrote:

Thus spake timfel ) unto the assembled multitudes:

Our electrician has accidentally cut all the ceiling holes for some
halogen downlights about 6mm too big!
The lights now pass through the holes instead of just covering them.
Does anybody have a solution (other than repositioning the lights
somewhere else and filling the holes)?

I don't see why it should be your problem to fix. It's the electrician's
incompetence that has caused this, so he should either fix it himself or
you should get someone else in to repair or replace the ceiling and
charge/sue the electrician for the cost of the work. You have the right to
do this, after all.

Or perhaps its a friend. Or perhaps hes paying the spark per hour on
the understanding that any issues are his problem.

What I did with some ragged holes was apply filler, get it level &
smooth. Filler is weaker than PB though, so its worth applying it
deeper than the PB.

NT