Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidM DavidM is offline

Default What rating shower heater on 6mm T&E cable/

A friend is letting us use their 17th century cottage in Cornwall for a few
days this coming holiday, in exchange for me fitting a replacement for her
very old electric shower heater, which is leaking and beyond economical
repair. This existing shower is fed via approx 3.5m of 6mm T&E cable, via a
ceiling mounted, pull cord, isolatiing switch, and the cable is buried in
the wall for probably 2.5m of its total length. Don't know until I get there
what size fuse/mcb is fitted in the CU. What is the maximum rating (kw)
shower I can connect to this size cable?
Thanks, David.
( Part pee.....yeah, I know!!)