Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Extension ladder Rope & Pulley operation Help

"fishcakes" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hey J......look at all the great responses to my question and the
wonderful ideas & suggestions people have about using an extension
ladder. These are the "normal" kinds of responses I was looking for;
never expected RTFM; which is somewhat in line with what what I was
hoping for...just even better. BTW, the jig is up, thanks to you,
this thread is definitely going to be the centerpiece of my Masters
thesis...why did you think it was such a basic, moronic post...and you
fell for the bait...thanks for what I'm sure will be an "A".

As it appears that no one has attempted to answer your question I shall
attempt to .

Let us call the two sections of the ladder the base and the extension. at
the top of the base mount the pulley, and then secure one end of the rope to
the bottom of the extension section.

Now when the ladder is upright but shorter than you desire you pull on the
rope and the extension section will move up, effectively making your ladder
longer.

Be sure to keep your fingers out of the way when the sections are sliding.

Does that help at all?

--
Roger Shoaf