Posted to misc.consumers.house
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Lowes extended warranty for appliances - Any good?

Sun, 06 May 2007 22:57:03 -0400 from Tim Iskander
:
We bought a lawnmower from Lowes (for my mother-in-law) and bought the
extended warranty (as it was claimed to be all-inclusive, fix any
problem at all). Well... the mower broke (hard start/rough running)
THREE WEEKS AFTER WE BOUGHT IT and when she took it back they gave her
nothing but grief and wanted to charge her $25 to fix it. It was an
absolute debacle and took a few heated exchanges before they made right.

I'm sorry for your awful experience, but I hope you recognize that it
had nothing to do with a store-sold extended warranty. Within three
weeks it would surely be covered by the manufacturer's regular
warranty -- maybe, even, by the implied warranty of merchantability.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/