Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Taking apart GE electric stove

On Apr 30, 7:39 pm, Ben wrote:
I have a GE electric stove model JBP26G*J4 from the late 80s. Two of
the burners are working intermittantly, so I want to pull the stove
apart to see if I can fix it without calling for help. Does anyone
know where I can find instructions for disassembling the stove, and
perhaps a schematics and specs for testing which parts are bad?

Schematics seem hard to come by. There's a general GE/Hotpoint Range
Repair Manual which is of some help GE Part WX10X112 available from
most any of the online appliance parts folks.

As for taking the thing apart, it's pretty straight forward. Remove
the back covers and the screws holding the rear control panel on each
side (2 or 3). Then, open the oven door and there are 5 (I think)
screws on the underside of the range top. Then the top just lays back
and it's all there in front of you...

If they're intermittant as someone else says sounds more like the
control rather than the burner itself. If it were the burner element
or the connector, I'd expect it to be pass/fail.