Posted to rec.woodworking
Jedd Haas Jedd Haas is offline

Default Leaving Air Compressor Full

In article .com,
Doug wrote:

On Apr 26, 7:57 pm, lwhaley wrote:
On Apr 26, 6:50 pm, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:

Partially out of laziness, inertia, procrastination, and partially
because I
use it several times a month, I leave my Porter Cable air compressor
full.
Does this do longterm harm to the machine?

no

I've been led to believe that the compressed air will create moisture/
condensation in the unit which obviously can do damage. I usually try
to remember to bleed mine.

Porter Cable's instructions say to bleed it every day. I thought that
was a bit excessive, and left mine full for quite a while. The other
day, I emptied it, thinking some water might have built up. Indeed,
holding it up so the exhaust was at the bottom, a considerable amount of
water came out! Had to hold it over the sink. Perhaps I'll empty it like
that every few of weeks now.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist - New Orleans, LA
http://www.gallerytungsten.com