Posted to rec.woodworking
SWDeveloper SWDeveloper is offline

Default Best tool for making picture frames?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:12:07 -0400, "steve" wrote:

I've been making my own picture frames but the joints are off slightly so I
have to resort to filling the joints and painting.
What would be a good way of making these cuts so the miters would line up
tight enough to be left natural or stained?

I've tried a hand miter box, My 10" power miter saw, my table saw....

So what is the best way to get that cut at exactly 45 degrees.

TIA

There is such a tool for making picture frames. It has a large
sliding guillotine-like blade that moves when you pull the handle. It
can slice off a small amount without chipping. It might be called a
"picture frame trimmer." There are benchtop and floor models.