Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default PEX and water pressure ratings

On Apr 14, 11:19 am, "Eigenvector" wrote:
I can't find a good reference for this. Does anyone know what PEX tubing is
rated for so far as water pressure is concerned?

At my house I have a pretty varied range of water pressures, talking to my
neighbor who happens to work for the water district, he indicates that we
get about from 30 to 75 psi from our lines depending upon the time of day.
Considering the dramatic increase in water pressure after replacing my hot
water lines, I can only imagine what it would be like once the cold water
lines are replaced (it's all galvanized).

I know pressure reducers and pressure regulators can be installed, but it
seems like 80 psi is the breaking point for that type of installation -
although I've heard that high water pressure can wear out fixtures faster,
and my neighbors have had that experience.

Aquapex meets ASTM F876 and F877, and is certified to NSF standards 14
and 61. It is rated by the PPI : 200°F at 80 psi, 180°F at 100 psi,
and 73.4°F at 160 psi.

http://www.pexsupply.com/categories.asp?cID=25&brandid=

cheers
Bob