Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Kawasaki vs. Vanguard vs. Kohler

On Apr 12, 11:08 pm, "dean" wrote:
Trying to decide on a z-turn mower. My preference right now is for a
Kawasaki, but I have never had a proper commercial B&S or Kohler
engine. Any preferences? I'd prefer the quietest / smoothest one.

I have a Kawasaki (husky) air blower and love it, that engine really
is nice! Burnt out a handful of B&S (I guess homeowner) engines, can't
say I like B&S at all, but I never had a vanguard.

Thanks for any comments.

Dean

Recently did some research on this subject and got input from a dealer
who sells commercial machines with all 3 engines. Based on % of shop
repairs and user comments, he rated the engines best to worse as
follows: (1)Kawasaki, (2) Vangard, (3) B&S.
In cases with failure under warranty engine problems, Kawasaki was
replacing the whole engine whereas the other two were rebuilding the
engines.
I bought a unit with the Kawasaki engine and have never been sorry.

Red