Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Lippman Wade Lippman is offline

Default Kawasaki vs. Vanguard vs. Kohler

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Trying to decide on a z-turn mower. My preference right now is for a
Kawasaki, but I have never had a proper commercial B&S or Kohler
engine. Any preferences? I'd prefer the quietest / smoothest one.

I have a Kawasaki (husky) air blower and love it, that engine really
is nice! Burnt out a handful of B&S (I guess homeowner) engines, can't
say I like B&S at all, but I never had a vanguard.

Thanks for any comments.

I had a vanguard engine in my lawn mower for 14 years before the lawn mower
broke and I couldn't justify the cost of the replacement part. The engine
held up fine with no maintenance.
But I was just cutting my yard. If you use your equipment enough to burn
out several engines, you really ought to get the kawasaki.