Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Smelly water feature

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:33:32 UTC, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Spent the weekend getting the garden ready for summer.

Pressure washed the deck & furniture, oiled both & decided to clean out the
water feature.

What with handymanning it none of it got done last year so it was all a bit
of a mission.

Water feature was really smelly when switched on, I suspected something had
got into the tank & died!

Turned out just to be filthy, cleaned out tank & filter and all is well.

Is there anything I can add to the tank water to keep things clean &
fragrant?

I'd try Milton. Rather less damaging and toxic than bleach (if it's OK
for babies....).
Get at the chemist.

http://www.diybanter.com