Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac 7550 Generator

On Apr 8, 6:01?pm, The Fisherman wrote:
On 1 Apr 2007 09:02:38 -0700, "
wrote:

I dont need the generator often will
ask him tomorrow for a wiring drawing, the momentary contact switch is
heavy duty but nothing special, t the time he said it connects the
start winding, which excites the generator. you push it justy long
enough to hear engine speed drop a little which means its generating.

will see him monday. glad to be of help

Were you able to contact your friend? I've taken my generator to a
shop for repair. They tell me I'll have it back towards the end of
this coming week.

If I were to have a schematic for what your friend did, perhaps I
could use it next time.

he found a intermittent open start winding, patched that and installed
the switch.

The board is potted in plastic and no schematics are available.

when I heard what he did I knew it didnt lend itself well to
explaining on the net. hopefully the service folks will get it working
well, but try it a ferw times before you put it in storage so you will
know its working.

mine worked great, tried it once, put in storage, 3 day outage is when
I found it dead.