Tom Gardner

Default removing pull dowel pins

The bolts can't take the shock but they might take the strain if you make a
fixture to use the bolts to pull the pins out. Imagine a 1/2" short rod
drilled for the bolts and counterbored for the pins then just screw in the
bolts pulling the pins into the counterbore.

"KD" wrote in message
om...
Any tips on removing pull dowel pins? I made like a slide hammer, but
the stud that Im using to pull them out keep breaking. They are 1/4
dowell pins with 8-32 bolts that I am cutting the heads off of to pull
them out. I screw one end into the pin, and the other into the slide
hammer. Let me konw if anyone has an idea for removal