Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta 12.5'' portable planer

"Leon" wrote in message
. ..

"torontocarpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought this Delta 12.5'' portable planer 4 monthes ago, it was
working fine. Today, when I put the wood in, it doesn't move any more,
even I push hard, it is hardly moving. After checking, I found that
the front roller doesn't move when the moter is running, does any one
else have the same problem?

Thanks

The front roller should be turning. You can clean that roller and wax the
base all you want but until you have the unit repaired, it ain't gunna
work.
Sounds like a broken key or broken gear.

More than likely, if every thing fails after cleaning and waxing, as you
have stated it may be a broken key or gear.
That why, after only four months of usage, I end it up saying to contact
Delta to review the problem.
They have contracts with most local tool repair shops. The thing is to make
sure that Delta gives you a valid work order to have the planer appraised
and then repaired. In some cases it may cost them less to replace it then
repairing it. Then the repair shop may have to wait to get the right parts
to repair the planer. In my case it took about three weeks.
If the Service shop's report indicate that the planer was abused and not
used as shown in the instruction book you may have to convince Delta
otherwise. At the end of the day all I can say is that I did not have any
problem with Delta concerning their warranty.
Good luck and keep up informed of the outcome.