Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default In Wall Light Switch Timer?

Edward wrote:
I'm in North America and I was wodering if there is a light switch
timer. My parents just bought a place at the shore and will be
spending a week or two there every other month during the Summer.
Since I (the youngest son) finally left the nest, there's nobody there
to watch the house.
Is there an in wall timer for a multi switch panel?

Here is a picture of the switch panel witht he one I want to time
circled.

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6mediumqf4.jpg

There are lots of timers out there and I am sure you can find one to do
what you want. However you are not very clear what you want it to do. Do
you want it to turn on the circuit at a given time and then off again later
in the day or do you want to be able to turn it on and have the timer turn
it off after a set amount of time. How about random on-off times so the
home looks lived in?

You might want to take a look at www.smarthome.com for ideas. Most of
the products they show are available locally as well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit