Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default problem with Payne Plus 90 furnace

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:25:50 -0800, tenplay wrote:

Our home is heated by the Payne Plus 90 furnace. We returned home from
a short trip a couple of days ago to find that the furnace is not
working. When I turn on the heat from the wall thermostat, I hear the
draft inducer motor whine for a few minutes and then shut off. The
furnace came with the house that I purchased back in 1994. From what I
read online, it is supposed to be a highly reliable energy-efficient
furnace. Given its age (at least 13 years), is it better to repair or
replace it? I suppose it is dependent upon how serious and costly the
repair would be. Thanks for any advice/suggestions. Mike

Oil, gas?