Posted to alt.home.repair
The Fisherman The Fisherman is offline

Default Generac 7550 Generator

I've got a Generac Generator that has no power output. A friend who is
a very good mechanic has looked at it and found that it has no power
output from the plug that comes from the base of the generator. He
measured 5 volts AC from ground to hot in the plug.

Inside the "cap" that fits over the base of the generator, he found a
wire that was burnt in half that goes to a module of some sort. He
said the module has several circuit boards and various electronic
components.

He said he has no way of knowing the proper way to troubleshoot the
module to see if it is the problem.

Can anyone tell me anything that would help with this?

Should I just take it to a reputable repair place now instead of doing
more with my friends help?

He also checked all of the output points on the panel and found all
the outlets good. The breakers are also good and the switch for the
breakers tested good he said.

When the unit is running, he said it appears to be working fine
mechanically. The motor is running very well and he said the generator
is operating, but not outputting from the plug on the panel side of
the module in question.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.