Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
jw jw is offline

Default Concrete labor costs in your area

On Mar 29, 11:31 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
What does it cost in your area to have a concrete crew come in and form,
pour and finish concrete for a slab for a shop? I'd pay for the concrete,
and rebar. Just a per square foot price for the labor?

Steve

The crew can probably get the concrete cheaper than you can. Are you
planning to order in a RediMix truck, or mix your own?

If you are doing a slab, you probably dont' have the capacity to do a
full mix so you will have several small batches. This will lead to
inconsistency in each batch and issues in the quality of your slab.
If you are ordering a truck, the crew can probably negotiate a cheaper
price than you can. The concrete company will probably already have a
wholesale price with them. You are going to get the high(er) price
because you are not a steady customer.

With that said, the cost for a crew is going to vary widely depending
on what you want. Are you looking at a slab on grade floor, or a
footing, or ?

Footings for my 48x40 shop cost me $500 turnkey. 6" finished floor
for the same was around $1000 labor and around $1500 concrete.
Letting them order the concrete instead of me, saved me $10/yd. Saved
me about $250.

This was a 4 years ago. Concrete has gone up about $30/yd since
then. Labor has probably gone up some too. I had some concrete work
done 2 years ago. I can't say exactly what the labor for the concrete
was, but it was $2500 to move a 30' grain bin and pour the pad for
it. Breaking it strikely on a per hour labor rate I would say pouring
the slab cost me about $750 labor.