Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Rubenstein Bill Rubenstein is offline

Default Metal Spinning Tools - What and How To Make?

In our area we have a metal spinner who does it for a living. He works
exclusively with pewter. The only tools he uses for manipulating the
metal are two sticks, sharpened to sort of a dull point, and about the
diameter of broom sticks. I'd guess that they are about 3' long.

He's fast and good.

Bill

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Slowly...ever so slowly...I am getting a metal spinning setup
together.

One of the areas that I need to accumulate more is for the metal
spinning tools that one uses with the lathe.

Any suggestions, links and PICTURES of how to make metal spinning
tools?

Thanks

TMT