Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Smoke Detector's Light (Blinking Green)

On Mar 16, 10:18 am, wrote:
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros

The green blink is to let you know everything is "ok".

The soft beep (or 'chirp') is to let you know the battery is low.

If these are also wired for 110V power, the ones that you replaced the
battery in that are chirping might have the battery making poor
contact.

Dave