Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rafaelmedeiros@gmail.com is offline

Default Smoke Detector's Light (Blinking Green)

Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros