Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Heath zenith motion lights won't work at night..help

I have been installing motion detectors since Colorado Electro Optics
invented the things, like thirty years ago ( the originals cost $400 and
what a piece of crap it was). I have had less problems with the H-Z models
than all others combined, except for the considerably lesser quality models
sold at big box stores. They apparently manufacture this really cheap model
specifically for these stores. www.graingers.com has the better models

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
This is just my opinion based on experience.
Anything made by Heath/Zenith is junk. Also they do not stand behind
their products. I have had several dissatisfactory products from
them, and they will not stand behind their junk. Avoid them !!!

On 4 Mar 2007 16:31:14 -0800, wrote:

i noticed last week that one set of motion lights on my house wasn't
working at night. The other set was working perfectly in the back
yard. the lights work in test mode but don't work when it gets dark.
i'm a little stumped..i have the settings properly set.. i think. I
read on the company's website something about "light interference" and
they recommended using black electrical tape over the the photocell to
see if helps the problem. What piece is the photocell? are the
sensor and the photocell the same thing? I wasn't sure if i was taping
over the photocell or the motion sensor or are they the same
thing...little help over here..thanks