Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Solder vs. epoxy for copper pipes?

"gpsman" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 10:05 pm, "PE" wrote: brevity snip
Hi all: I recently noticed that Home Depot is selling a copper bonding
expoxy product in the plumbing dept. that's billed as being as good as
solder. Would appreciate any informed opinions regarding
whether or not the product referenced above might be an acceptable
substitute for solder in the circumstances mentioned.

I'd think so, without any personal experience. But you'll never get
it apart again if it leaks.

I can just about guarantee that if you heat it with a torch, it will come
apart.

Bob