Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Solder vs. epoxy for copper pipes?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"PE" wrote in message

Hi all: I recently noticed that Home Depot is selling a copper bonding
expoxy product in the plumbing dept. that's billed as being as good as
solder. Seems like it might be a useful alternative to use on joints in
tight, enclosed areas where heating the parts with an open flame is
difficult/dangerous. Would appreciate any informed opinions regarding
whether or not the product referenced above might be an acceptable
substitute for solder in the circumstances mentioned. Thanks for your