Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default What is the best product for recurring drywall cracks?

On Feb 28, 6:46 am, "Eric" wrote:
Every couple of years, cracks in my drywall keep reappearing in more
or less the same spot. I resurface them with drywall compound, repaint
and sure enough, they come back.

The cracks are very small(possibly due to a weak spot susceptible to
freeze-thaw shifting of the house foundation) ..... is there are more
flexible product I could use to cover them up? Drywall compound is too
brittle and does not do the trick.

Thanks ..... what a great forum! Wish I would have discovered it years
ago.

Eric

Eric N. Leclair

Use drywall glass mesh tape over crack.