Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Firex Smoke Alarm Detector Problem

Les wrote:
I have Firex smoke alarm detectors for the bedrooms. (Apparently put in by
builder.) One went off
sporadically last night. There was no smoke. I noticed that the green
light blinks periodically, but I
saw, or thought I saw, it red periodically. Has anyone out there had a
similar problem?

Guess I will go down to Home Depot and get a new one, since documentation
says to replace every
10 years. The model has been discontinued, and when I tried calling the
company, Invensys, the
phone has been disconnected.

Sure would appreciate any suggestions....

Don't overlook the possibility that an insect may have crawled in and
caused the tripping. I've had that happen in our home more than once.

Spray a little RAID around (but not into) the detector.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)