Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Shredding/chipping leylandii

Adrian wrote:

Back in Suffolk I took out a couple of hundred yards of mature (even
geriatric !) leylandii - and decided that (as firewood) they were more
trouble than they were worth. Even after several years drying they
were still full of sticky sap that got everywhere, and they didn't
burn all that well either in our stove.....

That's what we're burning and it's pretty good actually. It needs
seasoning well (preferably 12 months) but in that it's very little
different from most wood. It's much better than pine and seems rather
better than aspen. I'm surpised you had difficulty burning it after
'several years', not our experience at all.

--
Chris Green