Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default where to buy/refill portable propane tanks

"Tim R" wrote in message
Decided to give up the charcoal ghost and go propane. Just bought a new
lp
gas grill and cart. Where's the best place to pick up a tank...and do
most
refill their own or go to one of these swap your tank bins at 7/Eleven or
Circle K type stores ?

Around here the cheapest thing to do is find one someone has put out for the
trash because it is an old style that can't be refilled. Take that to HD or
Lowes and they will give you a new one for a couple dollars. Then BJ's is
half the price for a fillup as anywhere else.

I have about 5 or 6 tanks running 2 grills and a refrigerator. Now I only
pick up the ones in the street if they are full, which they often are.

Might not be the same where you are.