Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Clothes Washers Recommendations

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:34:59 -0600, "Jay Stootzmann"
wrote:

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Feb 13, 3:46 pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:39:59 -0600, "Jay Stootzmann"

wrote:
Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

It depends on what you want and what you want to pay.

I wanted a straight forward bread and butter model that I could work
on myself. So, I bought a Whirlpool Direct Drive washer.

I'm more concerned about reliability -- a basic top loader with
dial/mechanical controls.

Our recent machine (under warranty) had a bad digital board. Next time
it might cost me $350.00. I like the old dials, simple for me. I left
a very good machine in the old house and went with a new washer/dryer
for the new home. No real regrets...
--
Oren