Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CPVC valves

On Feb 9, 5:00�pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com, "coustanis" wrote:

I need to revamp some of the plumbing in my basement which, among
other things, involves relocating and replacing some of the valves in
the limes. *Problem is that in my opinion CPVC valves are junk. *They
either leak or break outright. *The ones with the multiple turn round
handle are completely useless. *The quarter turn ball valves are
better but I sure don't trust them. *I'm thinking of splicing in
copper valves instead but I'd rather not go that route if I don't have
to.
Is it just me or do others feel the same way?

I think it's just you. I've never had that problem. Really.

--
Regards,
* * * * Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)

brass copper ball valves are much better, I had plastic ones break at
the worst possible time.

It costs more but worth the cost and effort.