Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Connections for main earth bonding to gas/water?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Lobster wrote:
For an all-copper system like mine, Whitfield shows the water pipe
earthed on the *street* side of the stopcock, whereas the gas pipe it is
on the *house* side of the stopcock (Fig 5.13). I'm assuming that's
correct but can't understand the logic behind it - before I unpack my
earth clamps please can someone explain?!

I must be Irish - to be sure to be sure - but always bond both sides of
the stopcock and gas meter/cutoff valve. Clamps ain't expensive.

--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I believe that the gas companies now put electrical insulators in their
meters and do not want you to bond at their side of the supply to stop
currents in their pipework.

Adam