Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default Clutch adjustment on Renault espace? Important omission.

"NoSpam" wrote in message
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
"Sylvain VAN DER WALDE" wrote in message
"NoSpam" wrote in message

a lot snipped

Generally speaking, hydraulic clutch linkages have no adjustment. A few
have an adjustment; but this carried out when the vehicle is new; and if
it hasn't been interfered with, can be ignored.

Sylvain.

Now there's a cheery thought! Fortunately there's no slippage at the
moment. The clutch was changed at 30k because of a manufacturing fault and
since then the car's done about 70k miles; it should be good for a bit
longer yet.

I thought I'd been told that there was an adjustment at the pedal-cylinder
linkage or at the slave cylinder,

but all I can see is a pedal stop which limits the height of the pedal.

Yes, it's important that the clutch is not "overstroked". The old Austin
Mini had an adjustable stop for that purpose; once set, it should not
require to be touched again.

Sylvain.

Dave