Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default Clutch adjustment on Renault espace?

"NoSpam" wrote in message
The clutch pedal bite point is rather high (tired clutch I guess).

That is usually the sign of badly worn clutch centre plate friction linings.
If the clutch slips, with the car in top gear and the handbrake firmly on;
this will confirm it. If you definitely have a good handbrake, this test
should stall the engine. It may already be too late; as if the centre plate
is not renewed in good time, its lining rivets will score the clutch
pressure plate. Definitely, if the rivets are made of brass or copper; and
possibly, if they are made of aluminium.

I thought there was an adjuster somewhere but it's hydraulic. Is there
some way to adjust the master cylinder linkage?

Generally speaking, hydraulic clutch linkages have no adjustment. A few have
an adjustment; but this carried out when the vehicle is new; and if it
hasn't been interfered with, can be ignored.

Sylvain.

Dave