Posted to rec.woodworking
DAC DAC is offline

Default What is "natural" stain? How to dispose of old oil stain?

Pour it into a larger container (bucket) and mix with saw dust. Let it
sit a couple of days and if any stain leaches from the sawdust, add
more sawdust. Done it many times and is recommened by the local
resouce recovery plant. The same can be done with old paint, or it can
be spread out on cardboard on a warm summers day.

Good luck

DAC

On Jan 24, 10:13 am, "Toller" wrote:
A friend is moving out of town and doesn't want to take his accumulation of
stains with him. Included is a quart of Minwax "Natural". Is that just
oil, or what?

Some of the stuff he gave me has outlived its usefulness. I have
consolidated it to two quart cans. What do I do with it? In the past I
have tried just leaving it somewhere to evaporate, but that takes forever.
I know the right thing is to take it to the county recyling center, but that
is open between 2:07am and 2:09am every 2/29, and is 20 miles away. Any
more practical solutions?