Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Default Lining a Speaker Cabinet

We are building an entertainment unit for a client. He designed it himself
and did a nice job. He wanted the boxes that hold the speakers to be lined
with MDF.
Now that we have built the unit we have found that here is room at the top,
bottom and back of boxes (cabinets) for 3/4" MDF but because of the size of
the speakers there is only room for 1/8" (if it's even available) for the
sides.
Is 1/8" MDF going to make a difference? Is there another material to use?
Or the broader question, is MDF required / desirable at all.
Thanks, JG