Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default New acrylic paint on concrete is bubbling

Did you perform a chloride test on the concrete before you decided
to paint?

Do the bubbles contain water?

I suspect you have hydrostatic pressure pushing water up. All
concrete paints and sealers require testing and understanding of
water perms. There are many floor finishes/sealers/adhesives/
that cannot be used with concrete floors that have a water
transmission factor above a certain level.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Mark K" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

I applied a new coat of acrylic paint on concrete a couple of
days ago.

I etched the concrete with commercial etching solution and
ensured it
was clean before applying the paint.

It is now bubbling in the heat of the day.

Is there any way to fix the bubbles? Should I puncture them?

Mark