Posted to misc.consumers.house
satellite_chris satellite_chris is offline

Default Generator 220v Twistlock - (2) 110v outlets

I am planning to install a power inlet box on the side of my house to
accept an L14-30 connection from my generator's twist lock receptacle
L14-30R. Here is the particular outdoor enclosure that I plan to use:
http://www.gen-tran.com/eshop/10Expa...ductCode=14302

From there I would run a small piece of conduit from that input box to

a new electrical box on the opposite side of the wall in the house. I
plan to wire a separate duplex outlet to each leg of the 220 with all
the neutrals connected to the common neutral. This set of outlets
would obviously be in no way connected to the rest of the house's
wiring system and I would use a different color of outlets. Would this
be up to code?

The whole concept here is to have a convenient way of bringing the
generator power in to the house without having to leave any doors or
windows open to allow an extension cord in. These 4 outlets would be
in a convenient location in the house where I can plug in my critical
electrical items.

Thanks in advance.

Chris