Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] spikchik69@hotmail.com is offline

Default wood stove flue too hot?

Thanks everyone for the good information. I feel a lot better about my
stove now.

One more question...

In googling around the web for information on wood stoves, I read that
wood heat is notorious for sending excessive heat up the chimney.

Is there any sort of device available that you can insert into a
standard 7-inch stove pipe that will allow you to recover more heat
from the escaping exhaust? I would suspect that such an invention
would involve a fan. I can't seem to find anything like that on the
Internet.

Perhaps this has been tried but was found to restrict exhaust flow too
much?

Maybe a simple fan pointing directly at the pipe would be worth while.

Thanks all..
...sd